Sunday, February 23, 2014

Welcome!

Hello, and thanks for stopping by.  After years of reading blogs, sharing with Facebook friends, pinning ideas, and tweeting articles, I finally decided that it was time to share some of my own ideas.  So much of Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter is the sharing of someone elses' ideas.  But not bloggers.  I envied people that showed me how to sew with elastic, or to cook spaghetti squash, or why our reliance on standardized testing is ruining so much good in our educational system.   Bloggers take the time to be a teacher to a huge audience by sharing personal interests, recipes, crafts, etc.  I'm taking the plunge by becoming a creator of my own content instead of just a consumer. 



I always thought if I created a blog I would dedicate it to one thing.  Cooking.  Knitting.  Running.  But in trying to decide a focus for this blog I realized that I couldn't do that.  The interests in my life are vast, like a puzzle, there are lots of pieces.  Each year I discover something new about myself, and in my life I don't devote my time to just one hobby.  That's what makes me me. So the posts on this blog will range:  crafts (knitting, sewing, decorating, DIY), food and drinks (cooking, baking, gardening, beer, wine), professional interests (education, math, technology), personal interests (photography, clean eating, traveling), being active (hiking, running), personal journeys (like becoming a parent this June!), and who knows that else.  

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope something in the near future interests you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment